7.27.2014

Cole is THREE

Cole had to share his birthday with Vanessa's blessing day so we tried to make it somewhat special. He opened his gifts first thing.
 Grey likes to use the lighter. Always.
 He wouldn't smile. He just wanted to show me the cake in his mouth I guess. I love this boy.

He was so cute when we all sang to him after the blessing:

Oh Cole. He sends me through so many emotions constantly. He is so cute and hilarious. He makes me laugh constantly. And then on the other hand he is my child who can upset me the most. He is very stubborn, loud and absolutely crazy. He can tear the house apart in two seconds. I struggle keeping up with him. His volume is always a few notches too loud for me. I guess he feels the need to be heard in a house full of kids. And I end up just getting short with him instead of being patient. I am working on that... I have really enjoyed watching him as a big brother to Vanessa. He loves her so much. He is working on the gentle part but he just wants to give her little kisses and make silly faces to make her smile. He is so excited that he is finally a big boy. He keeps telling me he is 8 now. I wish he would just use the potty. His stubbornness has made it near impossible to potty train. He will throw a full out fit if I just ask him to sit on it. I have to use devious methods to get him to do what I want him to do. If I ask him to do anything, he will tell me know. I hope that wears off a little after these toddler years. Love, love, love him.

He has an obsession with bears. He loves them but is kind of terrified of them as well. He also loves all things boy--trucks, cars, trains, balls. He thinks he is one of the big kids and tells me about when he is going to play football and soccer and all the things he watches Grey & Elise do. I get to keep him home this year--no preschool. We will see how bored he gets...

Height 37 3/4in (60th%)
Weight 30.6 lbs (40th%)

The quiz:

What is your favorite food?
pears and food

What is your favorite vegetable?
broccoli

What is your favorite fruit?
pears

What is your favorite thing to do?
get lollipops

What are your favorite things to play with?
a basketball

What is your favorite color?
yellow

Who are your best friends?
Colin

What do you like to wear?
Colin's shirt - a bike shirt

What is your favorite sport?
baseball

What do you want to be when you grow up?
a bear -- a daddy bear

What are you really good at doing?
I don't know. I am good at doing workbooks. You are proud of me doing workbooks (he doesn't do workbooks...)

What is something that is hard for you to do?
It's hard for me to open the door to the car

What makes you sad?
a mean bear

What makes you happy?
a happy bear

What makes you mad?
you make me mad mom. when you are a mad bear.

What is your favorite TV show?
Thomas and choo choo trains

What is your favorite book?
A strawberry shortcake book. A bear book.

What is your favorite game?
Go Fish

What is your favorite animal?
My favorite animal is a happy bear

What is your favorite song?
Temple (I Love to see the Temple) I like all of the songs.

What is your favorite thing about mommy?
I like to play diggers with you. You can be a yellow digger and I can be a gray digger.

What is your favorite thing about daddy?
I like wrestling daddy

What do you want for your birthday?
bears and a bear cake

What is the best part about being 3?
being 8. I am a big boy now. I like being big.

No comments: